Ardent Warrior...Passionate Bard...Jealous Queen

Part 6

by ArdentTly

E-Mail: ardenttly@yahoo.com

 

Disclaimer: This story was written without the knowledge or consent of MCA/Universal and is not intended to infringe on any copyrights. This story is for intended for mature readers over the age of 18, as it contains both violence and explicit love scenes between two women. If you are offended by either, or both, of these subjects, I suggest you don't read any further.

This story is the work of the author and is protected by copyright. Please gain permission before copying and/or publishing any or all of this story.

 

Chapter 6

 

Ephiny gently took Kestra's hands and drew her up. The woman looked very puzzled. She noticed a tear fall from the regent's eye and trail down her soft cheek. She wiped it away with her finger and looked at it in amazement.

She looked back up at Ephiny and silently asked, "Why?"

"Because I love you," Ephiny whispered, feeling as if she'd been hit by a two-by-four.

Xena drew a contented sigh. Well, that works for me, she thought. She brushed herself off and beat a hasty retreat. Several Amazon warriors noticed the gleam in her eye. Before long, the whole village knew they were in for some additional "singing" lessons for the rest of the couple's stay. Were there any complaints? Only those who wished that they were on the receiving end of those icy blue eyes.

Ephiny was not even aware of Xena's escape. Just of her heart beating quickly, the blood rushing by her ears in a torrent. She had been watching Kestra's hand as she inspected the tear. When she looked up, she was dazzled by the most beautiful smile. For her. She hugged her closely and then gazed into the woman's beautiful gray eyes.

Then Ephiny took the woman's face in her hand and covered the inviting lips before her with her own. It was a kiss full of promise, full of hope for them both.

Kestra smiled. Then she did something she hadn't done in two moons: she laughed. She caressed Ephiny's cheek and bent in for another warm kiss. The regent's heart was so full. She was giving her heart to someone after such a long time, and it scared her.

Kestra seemed to sense just how important this moment was to Ephiny. She took the woman's hand, kissed each fingertip, and placed it over her heart. It was unspoken, but the truth was evident in Kestra's eyes: she was giving her heart back to the woman who loved her.

Gabrielle lay in the grass on her stomach, the end of a quill tapping her pursed lips. A few scrolls lay in disorder about her. She carefully reread the parchment in front of her. Hmmm. I know what I want to say, but the words are just not there. She expelled a quick sigh in frustration. How to put into words what had happened after Thessaly? Being a very romantic person by nature, she found it very difficult when she couldn't put these strong emotions on paper.

This was the most important event in her whole young life, and she just... couldn't find the words. Thoughts of the object of her desire entered her mind, and she knew there would be no more writing this day. She packed up her things and made her way back to the village.

The village was a veritable hive of excitement. Gabrielle caught bits and pieces of conversation, and deduced that the uproar had to do with Kestra, Xena, a kiss, and Ephiny. Curiouser and curiouser, thought the bard.

Now, for those who don't know about fiery tempers, this bard's was truly one to behold. It was certainly entertaining to watch, but if one found themselves on the receiving end of it, well...that was just not something they ever wanted repeated.

Gabrielle's eyes flashed green fire. Her hands opened and closed at her sides. If one looked closely, they could see little wisps of smoke coming out of her ears. She was truly a vision to behold. A sea of Amazon bodies parted willingly before her.

By the time she made it to their hut, she was positively seething. A deep flush had risen from her heaving breasts to the top of her hairline.

As she pushed past the entranceway, she noticed two things. The room was bathed in the soft glow of candles, and (why this was first, she had no idea!) the object of her ire was laying on their bed buck-naked-as-the-day-she-was-born.

Things started to happen very rapidly from that point on. The passionate bard threw off her clothes in record time and then she launched herself across the span of at least 6 feet. Now, no one but Xena saw this feat, but she would swear to herself later, Gabrielle just seemed to fly across from the doorway.

Xena had had a sultry smile on her face in preparation for her lover's entrance. However, one look at the sparks flashing from the woman's eyes quickly wiped it from her face. Before she could even manage a strangled word, the bard was upon her, pinning her roughly to the bed.

The bard took a deep shuddering breath and sweetly asked, "What the Hades have you been up to, love of my life?"

Xena swallowed, hard. Her very thought processes just seemed to vanish, dry up, blow away. Not that Gabrielle was going to give her any opportunity to say anything. Oh, no, no, no. She'd manage to wriggle out somehow if she was allowed to use her rather impressive charms.

"I...I...um...Gab," Xena tried unsuccessfully. Her lips were covered in a searing kiss that seemed to draw the very breath from the woman.

"Um....you see...it," she tried again. This time, her lower lip was sucked into the bard's hot mouth and nibbled.

Xena's head was spinning. Rational thought was a thing of the past. She decided to do what any red-blooded warrior would do and take her punishment. If that's what this was.

Gabrielle pinned Xena's wrists down to the bed and began outlining the woman's lips with the tip of her tongue. She slowly trailed her tongue over every inch of Xena's sculpted face. The warrior moaned under the onslaught. She tried to embrace her bard. Suddenly, the loving stopped, ceased to exist. Xena opened her eyes cautiously.

Gabrielle sat on the backs of her legs. Her eyes were flashing again. Xena gulped slowly. "Now, where were we?" purred the bard. Xena now understood that she was at her lover's mercy.

 

 

To Part 7

 

Back to Fanfic page

 

To Links page