Ardent Warrior...Passionate Bard...Jealous Queen

Part 5

by ArdentTly

E-Mail: ardenttly@yahoo.com

 

Disclaimer: This story was written without the knowledge or consent of MCA/Universal and is not intended to infringe on any copyrights. This story is for intended for mature readers over the age of 18, as it contains both violence and explicit love scenes between two women. If you are offended by either, or both, of these subjects, I suggest you don't read any further.

This story is the work of the author and is protected by copyright. Please gain permission before copying and/or publishing any or all of this story.

 

Chapter 5

 

Xena spent the day sparring with both Kestra and Eponin. Soon, other warriors were entreated to try their luck with the Warrior Princess. Xena began drawing quite a crowd. She practiced her flips, and no one could touch her.

As she looked out into the crowd, Xena caught Gabrielle's eye and winked. As 10 Amazons rushed her, Xena threw herself into the milieu with an evil laugh. As if by magic, half the warriors were lying on the ground in agony. As Xena engaged three of the women in swordplay, the other two circled carefully behind, looking for an opening.

Hmm. This should be interesting, thought Xena. She butted one woman, disarmed the second, and left the third pressing her hands to her rapidly swelling nose. Then she jumped straight up, did a one-and-a-half-gainer, and landed both boots on the started Amazon's chests. Both were knocked flat.

Xena resheathed her sword and jauntily helped some of the warriors to their feet. All Eponin said was "Wow! Whatta woman." Some of the others heartily agreed. Xena tried to look warlordlike, then casually indifferent, and finally settled for modest. She completely missed the total look of admiration in Kestra's eyes and the lustful one in Eponin's.

The thing of it was, Xena was totally oblivious to how naturally sensual a being she was. She knew she could turn on her charm when she wanted to, but she just couldn't see how her very presence elicited such carnal thoughts.

Xena was aware of only one other pair of eyes. She dusted her hands off and approached Gabrielle, a slight lopsided smirk playing on her lips. Gabrielle was only aware of two things: that this gorgeous hunk of woman was HERS, all HERS, and whether or not she could get Xena back to their hut before they made a spectacle of themselves.

Ephiny gasped in shock as she recognized the raw sexuality evident between the two. Well, thought the regent. There goes that fantasy, shot down in flames.

Gabrielle barely got back to their hut when Xena all but ripped the bard's clothes off. They never made it to the bed.

Quite a few snickers were shared, along with wistful sighs, as people passed their hut. Some very visual images were created as one or both women became vocal in the throes of ecstasy.

Ephiny endured the sounds silently. Anyone who had seen her face as she stalked to her hut would have seen a very green-eyed monster. All Ephiny knew was that her chances with the fair Gabrielle were now nil. If only she had said something the last time the pair had visited. Who was she kidding? She knew intuitively that she never really had a chance. And to be honest, was it Gabrielle that she wanted in particular, or just someone to love and be loved by?

Well, she'd had quite a few restless nights over visions of the beautiful bard. And some rather raunchy ones of Xena, too, she admitted. Well, who wouldn't?, she thought with a smirk. The woman simply oozed untamed eroticism. I'll bet she doesn't even know it, either, chuckled the regent. Part of her mystique, she thought wistfully.

Suddenly, thoughts of Kestra entered her mind. Ephiny wondered about that but put it down to worry for the woman. She decided to seek her out and try again to broach the subject of the...incident.

Kestra sat in the communal bathhouse with Eponin and some other warriors. The talk centered around the Warrior Princess, of course. Ribald jokes and suggestions filled the air, along with some pretty graphic fantasies. Kestra's thoughts were also of Xena. She hadn't felt this way since her sexual play with Patra. Such strong images surged forth from her subconscious. Terrible thoughts. Thoughts she pushed back down quickly instead of facing them. She rose quickly from the bath, dressed, and left. Eponin watched her leave, a puzzled look on her face.

Kestra found herself walking to the stable, not knowing how she got there. She saw the familiar figure of Xena brushing down her horse. The mare had been ridden hard, by the looks of things, and Xena was taking extra care in grooming her.

Kestra hesitantly approached the warrior and waited for her presence to be acknowledged. Xena looked up and, seeing, who was there, smiled. "Why, hello, Kestra. What's up?" Xena had her mind totally on what she was doing while some erotic thoughts of a particular bard floated just behind her eyes. By the time her senses alerted her, Kestra had embraced her in a fierce hug.

"Ah, Kestra? What..." was all Xena got out before the woman's lips were covered by a very passionate Kestra. What to do?, thought Xena as she pulled away. She could throw the woman across the stable. No, too butch. She could tell her in no uncertain terms to lay off--she was taken. Nah, too insensitive. Gabrielle did the sensitive chats. Why couldn't this happen in front of her? She'd know what to do. Yeah, right. With her temper? I...don't...think...so. Scratch that idea out--with a big stick.

"Ah, Kestra, I'm really flattered by your attention. Um, well, I'm a bit...old...for you, aren't I?" she stammered. Kestra violently shook her head and tried to get another kiss. "Now, Kestra. Please," Xena said as she gently pushed the girl away. "You must be, what, 15 or 16? You're still just a kid. Lots of time for love. But...not with me. I belong with Gabrielle, you understand?"

Kestra burst into tears. Xena held her and uncomfortably patted her back. The warrior's eyes darted around the empty barn, looking for either help or escape. She found neither. Sighing in resignation, she brought the woman over to sit on a hay bale. I guess I'll just have to do the sensitive bard thing and hope for the best, she sighed.

Soon, Kestra's cries diminished until only hiccupping sobs were left. "There, there," said Xena, trying to smile. A faint blush was beginning to creep up from her neckline.

Xena tried very hard to avoid these situations. She felt so...inadequate in them! She could stare down any warlord you name, but when it came to dealing with emotions...well, she was just lost.

Just then, Ephiny stormed in. She'd seen Xena kiss her...friend. Seen Kestra hugging the warrior! Had Xena no shame? Kestra needed comforting, yes, but...well, that was above acceptable behavior.

Especially...well...toward...Ephiny stopped dead in her tracks. What was she thinking?! Xena would never betray Gabrielle. And to be quite honest, Xena really did look very uncomfortable.

Maybe she had it wrong. Was Kestra doing the pursuing? And why should it matter to me?, wondered the regent. Then it struck her. "Xena, she is 23 summers old. She knows what she is doing. She thinks she's in love with you."

Xena looked uncomfortably back and forth from Ephiny to Kestra. Now that the regent was there, she could get the Hades out! Was it her, or was it getting very hot and close in this barn?

 

 

To Part 6

 

Back to Fanfic page

 

To Links page