Innocence Lost

 

by PatsBard

 

E-Mail: barbd@peganet.com

 

 

Disclaimers: Xena and Gabrielle belong to MCA/ Universal and Renaissance. I'm just borrowing them for a bit, so they can have some fun!

 

This story contains explicit sex between two consenting adult women, so if this is illegal where you live or you are under 18, please stop reading now.

 

There is no violence, but mild panic does ensue. I don't think anyone will mind, too much.

 

Copyright by the author - December 1998

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sometime in the first season...

 

The campfire sputtered and hissed angrily, seeming to match the dark woman's mood. Her petite, blonde companion watched her carefully from the other side of the fire, enduring the pacing with uncustomary silence. On the tenth pass, her control over her tongue slipped.

 

"Xena? What's wrong?"

 

Xena, Warrior Princess and Destroyer of Nations, turned an intense blue glare on her young companion. They'd only been traveling together a month or so, but it was long enough for her to know exactly how innocent the girl was. "Nothing," she growled.

 

"Hmmph" was her answer, as Gabrielle sat up in the bedroll Xena had bought for her a week before. Xena had been pacing around since she had defended the two from a band of brigands that had ambushed them on the road. Setting up camp hadn't tired her in the least and she'd barely eaten the stew Gabrielle had taken such pains to make.

 

Gabrielle stared at the warrior thoughtfully and, suddenly, tales she had overheard at the tavern in her home village came back to her. Tales of battle lust that overtook warriors after particularly harrowing battles, that caused them to seek physical relief to discharge the tension and prove to themselves they were still alive and whole. Sex to reaffirm life.

 

Her green eyes widened slightly at the thought. She'd never thought she'd actually see bloodlust paraded right in front of her, but pacing right before her was an extremely tense warrior who had just gone through a very difficult battle. One that she had almost lost her life in, but for the intervention of a well-placed tree root. One that no doubt needed to be assured that she was, indeed, alive and whole.

 

Gabrielle made her way over to a conveniently located log and stretched out invitingly. "C'mere, Xena," she called, patting her lap.

 

Xena stopped her pacing and stared at her young companion sprawled on the hard ground. A dark eyebrow raised sharply when she realized the girl wanted her to lie down with her. She smirked slightly and shrugged. All right, let's see what this little village girl is made of.

 

She made a show of stripping off her weapons and armor, and placed them carefully away from the fire. Clad only in her leathers, she strode over to the girl and lowered herself so her head rested in the girl's lap. She drew up her knees and crossed her arms comfortably over her hard-muscled stomach.

 

"Okay, I'm here. Now what?"

 

Gabrielle was suddenly having trouble breathing. Hero worship was one thing when said hero was ten feet away. It was quite another when the hero's long black hair was temptingly close and bright blue eyes, set in the most beautiful face she had ever seen, were twinkling up at her.

 

"Change your mind?" the smooth, husky voice asked.

 

Gabrielle swallowed heavily and took a tight grip on her courage. "Of course not," she answered brightly. "I know all about this," she continued airily. "You have unresolved tension from the fight earlier and you need to release it." She waved her hand in front of Xena's face, emphasizing her point. "I can help you, if you want."

 

"You're going to release my tension?" Xena responded dryly. "Do you have any idea how I usually get this...tension...released?" Her lips quirked as a flush slowly crawled up Gabrielle's softly rounded cheeks.

 

Actually, Gabrielle only had a vague idea. She knew it involved sex and that it was usually between a man and a woman, but there were other stories she'd heard...about women being together that way. It couldn't be that difficult and it wasn't like she would lose her virginity, would she?

 

"Ha!" she finally answered. "My village isn't all that backward, Xena. I've done lots of things you'd never think I would."

 

She hoped valiantly that she wasn't getting in over her head here, but she'd wanted to touch Xena since she'd first laid eyes on her and she wasn't about to miss her first opportunity.

 

Xena slowly sat up and placed her hands on either side of Gabrielle's thighs. This girl had been driving her insane since they met and it had taken all of her self-control not to take her by force for the last month. And now here she was, offering herself freely.

 

"So, you're willing to sacrifice your body to ease my...tension?" Xena asked, wanting to get the rules completely clear. "You're willing to do whatever I ask?"

 

Gabrielle's mouth went dry. She hadn't quite thought of it as sacrificing her body. A few hugs and kisses, some lingering touches. What else could there be?

 

"S-sure. I mean, I've done it before with a girl in the village." She shrugged with feigned nonchalance and tried desperately not to lose herself in those gorgeous blue eyes.

 

She stopped breathing when Xena leaned in so their lips were almost touching. "All right," Xena purred. "I'll take you up on the offer, then."

 

Their lips met and Gabrielle's world spun away. The kiss was soft at first; then Xena's hunger asserted itself and she thrust her tongue past unresisting lips and into the warm recesses of Gabrielle's mouth. Neither was sure who groaned, but soon they both were, as Gabrielle experienced her first woman-to-woman kiss, and Xena drowned in smooth honey.

 

Xena pulled her young companion tightly to her and let her hands roam freely over her back and hips. Her movements were frenzied and rough as she let loose her control and gave her passion free rein. In the back of her mind, she knew Gabrielle had been lying about being experienced, but one taste of her sweet lips and Xena was lost. She still wasn't far from her warlord past and her only thoughts were of conquering this tender bit of flesh in her arms.

 

The rough peasant shirt was down around Gabrielle's waist and Xena's large, callused hands were kneading the fleshy mounds she had found underneath, when the whimpers finally registered. She forced herself away from the small blonde and stared into emerald eyes, wide with fright. Her own eyes were stormy blue and glittering with lust. Xena was panting heavily and realized dimly that she had never had this reaction to a lover before. This uncontrollable need to possess and be possessed.

 

"What?" she asked roughly. "Did you change your mind? Tell me!" She just barely resisted the urge to shake the young woman. She tried to take deep, steadying breaths to calm herself. Her heart felt like it was going to pound out of her chest.

 

Gabrielle was shaking like a leaf. This was way past what she had expected and she was scared to death. Yet again her mouth had gotten her into a position that she didn't know how to get out of, and even worse, she wasn't sure if she did want to get out of it. Her blood was boiling and something wet was oozing out between her thighs. She didn't have a clue what it was. To her horror, tears began to flow and she covered her face in sheer embarrassment.

 

Xena sat back on the hard-packed earth with a thud. The reality of where she was, who she was with, and what they had been doing sunk into her heart like a rock. She sat back up quickly and moved to wipe away the girl's tears, noting with amazement that her hands were trembling. "By the gods, Gabrielle, I'm sorry! I shouldn't have...look, we'll stop, okay? Don't cry, please don't cry ."She lifted up a torn edge of the girl's shirt and flushed with the knowledge that she had ripped it off the girl's shoulders in her haste to get to the smooth flesh beneath. She patted wet cheeks with the cloth awkwardly, cursing herself the entire time.

 

It took Gabrielle a few minutes to get the warrior princess' attention, between her sobbing and Xena's mumbled curses. "Xena, Xena stop!" Xena finally stilled her frantic motions, but refused to look into Gabrielle's eyes. She kept hers firmly locked on the wet cloth clenched in her strong hands.

 

"I'm sorry."

 

"No, Xena, I'm the one who should be sorry. I wanted to be able to do something to finally help you, and I can't even do that right." The tears started again and Gabrielle wiped them away angrily.

 

Xena gave the girl a confused look. "We were doing fine until you started crying," she answered lightly, trying to calm Gabrielle down. It didn't work. The girl just cried harder, tears streaking down her flushed cheeks. "Look, just tell me what happened and I'll fix it, okay?" Xena was getting desperate. Her loins still ached and she had always been a sucker for a woman's tears. Her heart stopped in shock at Gabrielle's next words and then she could barely restrain her laughter.

 

"You're what?" she finally managed to get out.

 

"I'm leaking...down there. I don't know what it is." Gabrielle's face was beet red now and she continued quickly, "I know it's not my time for Hera's curse." She lifted a distraught face to the warrior she was trying so hard to please. Gods, why couldn't she do anything right around this woman? "Don't apologize, just improve." The rough command haunted her.

 

Xena delved deep within herself for the vast reserves of her willpower. She managed, by the strength of that alone, to keep a straight face. "Gabrielle, honey," she began, then paused to regain control of her twitching lips. "It's okay, really. That's just your body making lubricants so that we...I...uh..." She faltered momentarily. Why in Tartarus didn't the girl's mother explain this to her?! "So that it won't hurt you," she finished lamely.

 

"Oh." Gabrielle looked down at her clenched hands in chagrin, then peeked back up at the warrior, her sea green eyes wide with confusion. "So what won't hurt?"

 

Xena felt an unaccustomed heat crawl up her cheeks. "So, ah, when I touch you down there, you won't feel any pain." She wished with all her might that this episode had never started.

 

"Oh." Gabrielle paused a moment, then looked back up brightly. "Then it's okay? We can try again?"

 

Xena's jaw hit her chest. This girl was amazing! "Well, yeah...sure. But only if you want to," she added hurriedly. She could already feel the heat building between her legs again.

 

Gabrielle graced her with a smile that was shy and alluring at the same time. "Oh, yes, Xena. I want to," she whispered.

 

Xena kept a tight grip on her lust this time, promising to herself to go slow so as not to scare her young friend. She kissed her softly and slid her hands gently up and down Gabrielle's smoothly textured back. Her body trembled when the girl eased her arms around her neck and pulled her to her tightly. She ducked her head down to claim a pink nipple and both women groaned with pleasure. Xena slid her body down further and cursed when a rock bit into her knee. She growled softly and lifted a startled bard into her arms.

 

"Bedroll," she murmured against silky lips. "Mmmm," came the murmured response.

 

Xena gently laid her burden down, then quickly stripped off her leathers. Her shift tore in her hands when it didn't slip off her body fast enough, and she grinned down into twinkling green eyes. "Looks like you'll get a chance to go shopping," she whispered huskily.

 

"Oh, goody!" Gabrielle laughed. Shopping used to be her favorite pastime. She had a feeling something else was going to be tops on her list from now on. Then all rational thought faded as Xena removed the peasant skirt and revealed her prize.

 

"Gods, you're beautiful." Xena knelt and ran trembling fingers across a smooth stomach that was just showing signs of rippling muscles. Her mouth followed soon after and Gabrielle was lost in sensation.

 

Her skin burned with the moist heat of Xena's lips and she arched her back to place her breasts close to Xena's questing mouth. She sighed in delight when those lips closed over her nipple and strong fingers gently tweaked the other. She cried out in disappointment when her breasts were abandoned, then cried out for a different reason when Xena traced a moist path down to softly curling golden hair. A soft moan sent sparks skittering up Gabrielle's skin and she arched her back again, lifting her hips in silent supplication. She didn't know what it was, but she desperately needed something down there. "Xena?" she panted out.

 

"Mmmm?"

 

"I think I'm lubricated enough now." She felt Xena's grin and her center pulsed with the rush of warm breath against it. "Oh, gods!"

 

Xena chuckled and raised her head slightly to see for herself. Gabrielle's folds were glistening with moisture and were colored a deep pink with arousal. She hesitated just a moment longer, then buried herself between Gabrielle's thighs. Her tongue found the swollen nub and she felt Gabrielle clench her fists in her hair. They tightened painfully, but she ignored it as she continued her quest. She flicked her tongue with quick motions and felt the girl's body tremble beneath her. She wrapped a long arm under Gabrielle's hips and brought her other hand up to run her fingers through the slick folds.

 

"Oh gods, Xena...please...please," Gabrielle cried. "I need...a little...more," she panted out.

 

Xena quickly positioned a finger at the dark entrance, then slowly inserted it. She groaned at the hot tightness that immediately enveloped her. Her head snapped up when her probing finger met with resistance.

 

"Gabrielle?" she gasped out.

 

"Do it, Xena! I need you!" Gabrielle answered and with a quick thrust of her hips, she forced Xena's finger through the barrier. Xena just made it up to Gabrielle's mouth to swallow her moan of pain with her own mouth.

 

"Oh, Gabrielle," she sighed, covering her face with gentle kisses and keeping her hand still within the girl's body, letting it get accustomed to the presence of her finger. She moaned softly as the velvety walls pulsed around her, seeming to try to pull her further in.

 

Gabrielle's eyes were closed as she felt the sharp pain recede and waves of pleasure start again. She felt deliciously full and her hips began a gentle rocking motion. She slowly opened her eyes to meet anxious blue. "Please," she whispered.

 

Xena kissed the full lips beneath her gently, then lowered her head to rest it in the nook between Gabrielle's neck and shoulder. With the utmost care, she eased her finger almost all the way out of the tight passage, then slid it back in. She bit into the soft flesh beneath her as she increased her rhythm to match Gabrielle's passionate cries. The palm of her hand rubbed enticingly over the swollen nub and Gabrielle bucked her hips faster in response. Guttural cries escaped from her lips, as she felt pressure building within her and her fingers bit deeply into Xena's shoulders, drawing blood. Both women were panting uncontrollably, chests heaving with the effort to get air into oxygen-starved lungs. Xena shifted her body to straddle Gabrielle's thigh as her own desires overcame her and she pumped her hips wildly against the firm muscle. Seconds later, the air was split with simultaneous screams of release.

 

They lay entwined tightly until their breathing finally eased. Xena rolled onto her back with a heavy sigh and pulled Gabrielle to lay on top of her. "Gods," she managed.

 

"Ditto," Gabrielle replied, then giggled. She eased herself up and leaned on her elbow to gaze intently into sapphire eyes. "Was that okay?" she asked shyly. "Do I...should I do something else?"

 

Xena arched an expressive eyebrow and smiled slowly. "No, Gabrielle. I think you've released my...tension...quite nicely. For now," she added, laughing.

 

Gabrielle snuggled into Xena's shoulder with a happy grin. "Well, when you need your tension eased again, you just let me know, okay?"

 

Xena's searching hand found the blanket at last and she covered them up, tucking Gabrielle into her side as close as she could. Within moments they were both sound asleep.

 

Xena's tension had to be eased several more times, and dawn made its way into the clearing to find two young lovers entwined tightly together.

 

The End

 

•••

 

Back to Fanfic page

 

 

To Links page